My dearest readers, my fellow bloggers, I love you!
When I started this blog a few months ago, I had no idea it would take me to such great places: traveling with you all around the globe, sharing our adventures, laughing with you, exploring thanks to you, getting more curious and better informed via your precious posts and comments.. A big big hug to you all!
Today not only I welcomed my 200th follower (Chris, you already know I love you!), but I was also nominated by the brilliant Lucile de Godoy for a “Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award”.
You all make me feel like a rock star, a model, someone who could do the cover of Vogue (to say the least!).
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you : done
- Add the reward logo: done
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked: hereafter
- Nominate 5 other bloggers and let them know via comments: done
- Ask your nominees 5 questions: hereafter
My answers to Lucile’s questions:
1. What do you like or dislike about this time of the year? I love this time of year. In my family, we gather to celebrate Chrismukkah . The more blessings, the better, no? Moreover, it is a chance to be all together, laugh, eat, argue, laugh more and hug. We are big huggers in my tribe. The only thing I dislike is the profusion of presents, I find it indecent, probably because I spent the last decade in humanitarian missions. So the smallest the best, it is much more about being together and counting our blessings than counting our presents.
2. Do you know how to cook and can you share a typical and delicious recipe from your country? I am such a lousy cook I even make onions cry! Plus with me, recipes are like a dating service. They never end up looking like the picture. So I reached this point that if I want a very good diner, I head to the restaurant, and I know some delightful ones (at least). I do cook, but really nothing I would call “typical and delicious”.
3. What is old/aging for you? All my answers are here 🙂
4. Did you know any of these nominated bloggers, and if not, would you check their blogs now? Thanks for introducing me to Lifestyles with Lia, Imanikingblog, and When My Brain Farts. I understand why you are liking them so much 🙂 I was already a fan and follower of the inspiring and mouthwatering blog of Musings of a Frequent Flying Scientist.
5.Are you mad at me because I nominated you for this award and you have extra work to do now? Mad at you? For nominating me? I am very thankful and proud! 🙂 btw, I know the award starts with Sisterhood, but I opened it to a brother too, if you don’t mind. Guess what is not strictly forbidden is totally allowed, no?
My five nominations are:
1. Jithin is a passionated photographer, explorer, and also a great teacher for people like me: the ones who enjoy taking pictures but are in dire needs of technical tips, but no time to read tons of literature on the subject. His advises are simple, clear, and so easy to remember. All in one blog: great pictures, awesome trips and best advices. Follow him, you’ll thank me soon enough!
2.For the fans of South East Asia, plunge into the beautiful pictures of the region, let the community of bloggers guide you through the local markets, beaches, listen to their travel tips. A great blog!
3. Sherry Galey is the creator of the beautiful Still and All. Her pictures have a special way of touching my heart, and her texts are like poetry. Love, love, love!
4. The author of One Foot out the door is a restless, world-wandering, language-loving, book-devouring traveler trying to straddle the threshold between a traditional, stable family life and a free-spirited, irresistible urge to roam. And she knows how to share her passions, just click and you’ll be hooked!
5. Last but not definitely not least, my friend Ann and her funny, witty and heartwarming GrubbsnCritters on her quest for a family/work/me kind of balanced life…
My 5 questions:
1. Tea or Coffee?
2. Your highlight of this year
3. What can I wish you for the new year?
4.What makes you smile?
5. Your favorite quote, or book